Comprehensive ophthalmology provides primary eye care for routine and urgent eye conditions. We offer routine ophthalmic evaluations, which screen and treat a wide range of eye disorders such as cataracts, glaucoma, ocular surface disorders, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration. As board-certified ophthalmologists we provide routine care along with more complex problems with an efficient and thorough examination. Diagnostic services include examination of your visual acuity, refraction, slit lamp evaluation, ophthalmoscopy, tonometry, gonioscopy, and visual field testing.
Eye conditions we typically treat include: cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, infections, ocular inflammation, macular degeneration, and eye trauma. Our patients present with a variety of symptoms, including pain, redness, sensitivity to light, tearing, floaters, difficulty driving at night, and unexpected vision loss.
Amsler Chart to Test Your Sight
The Amsler grid is used to check whether lines look wavy or distorted, or whether areas of the visual field are missing.
- Tape this page at eye level where light is consistent and without glare.
- Test your eyes under normal room lighting used for reading.
- Wear the eyeglasses you normally wear for reading.
- Hold the grid approximately 14 to 16 inches from your eyes.
- Test each eye separately: Cup your hand over one eye while testing the other eye.
- Keep your eye focused on the dot in the center of the grid and answer these questions:
- Do any of the lines in the grid appear wavy, blurred or distorted?
- Do all the boxes in the grid look square and the same size?
- Are there any “holes” (missing areas) or dark areas in the grid?
- Can you see all corners and sides of the grid (while keeping your eye on the central dot)?
- Switch to the other eye and repeat.
Typical treatments include prescription medications, optical correction with glasses and/or contact lenses (nearsightedness and farsightedness), and the decision to proceed with surgery for cataracts and laser treatments. As a small practice we can provide eye care refined to your personal needs and situation.
Early intervention is critical in preventing vision loss from eye diseases such as glaucoma, which may not cause symptoms until significant irreversible damage has taken place. Our team of professionals is dedicated to maintaining your eye health and vision with the latest diagnostic technology and treatments for eye diseases. From routine eye exams to complex microsurgery, our team of doctors always pay attention to detail and take time to really listen to your concerns. We are a patient-centered practice that provides you with a thorough examination and honest opinion for each patient we evaluate.